Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tool 10: Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

1. I want my students to understand that they should only visit sites that have been approved by the district. They must not post contact information, such as; phone numbers. They also must be careful what they post. They should not post comments that are inappropriate. These parameters are set for their safety.
2. The video on Wes Fryer's Moving at the Speed of Creativity blog about the digital dossier is very eye opening. I think this video will cause many of the students to think before they access or post.
3. I could teach digital citizenship to the students by explaining it through websites, videos, and by verbal talking about it.
4. I feel parents need to know about digital citizenship as well. Some parents do not monitor their children's internet use. I could share the idea on my website or by sending home letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment